Nice to see you here!
I am Michael Bach, the person behind rivuletconsult
- A civil engineer, specialized on IWRM.
- A self-taught programmer, interested in IT in general.
- A meditator, trying to create conducive work environments.
- An avid traveler, trying to live a meaningful and fulfilled life.
Core values of my work
- Strong focus on FOSS.
- Scientific base.
- Sustainable and integrated solutions.
- Quality before quantity.
Integrated Water Resources Management
I am a civil engineer with more than 15 years experience in integrated water resources management. Projects I have worked on cover the entire spectrum of basic research, teaching, model development, consulting, knowledge-transfer, guideline development, and practical applications:
- Rural and urban hydrologic/hydraulic modelling.
- Water quality and freshwater ecology.
- Model development.
- Flood risk assessment and management.
- Ecosystem services and ecosystem-based adaption.
- Optimization of complex water systems.
- Sustainable planning within the water, energy, food food nexus.
I started programming by the age of 10, when I developed a little math test on my Amiga 500 in Basic. Over time, my interests within IT grew and covers today:
- Model development within IWRM.
- GIS application and plugin development.
- Web development & Collaborative software.
- Version Control.
- Secure Communication.
- Typesetting & desktop publishing.
Over the years I have been part of a variety of teams in companies, working groups, professional associations, universities, state agencies, and NGOs. In various functions within the different teams I have learned about:
- Team building and management.
- Team leadership.
- Group dynamics.
- Project management.
- Standardization of processes and services.
- Remote work.
- Collaboration tools.